- Full-day trip to two historical towns in western Sicily
- Enjoy views of the Tyrrhenian Sea from the hilltop town of Erice
- Explore Erice’s charming medieval streets and squares
- See the well-preserved Greek ruins at Segesta
- Be transported in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle in the company of a friendly tour leader
Departure & Return
Between Politeama Hotel and PRADA store
What To Expect
Be captivated by illuminating commentary that reveals the legends surrounding Erice, and then capture photographs of panoramic Sicilian vistas as you tour the ambient tangle of Mediterranean lanes. Sample freshly baked pastry in quaint bakeries (at your own expense) before traveling onward to Segesta, another city associated with the ancient Elymian people, and opt to enter the captivating archeological site independently, at your own expense. Once within, discover the ancient ruins at your leisure, appreciating the ancient majesty of the Doric temple, a 5th-century structure that boasts panoramic vistas of the undulating valleys.
Historical knowledge enriched, return to your vehicle and relax during the scenic drive back to Palermo, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Please advise any mobility restriction at time of booking
- Please note the duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the day and traffic conditions
- Minimum number apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts (from September 1st, 2021)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY TOUR OF SICILY - DAY TOURS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms